Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 6 (2/18/08 - 2/22/08)

I started off the week on Monday by continuing to send out my two weekly OTD reports which I spent a majority of my day working on. Then Tuesday was another realitvely light day for me.
Catherine showed me what Sam's Retail Link and CoManaged looked like and briefly explained what she uses it for. She then had me contact someone to receive access to the system, which would take a week or so. Aside from going over the Sam's Retail link system we had our bi weekly one on one meeting where we are able to step away from our work and check in with each other and make sure that I don't have too much work, but at the same time making sure I have enough work to keep me busy. this meeting also just allows me to aske her any questions I may have and get feedback from her on how I'm doing. Wednesday made out to be a much busier day for me. I Met with Donna Smiley to go over my LTL analysis, and answer questions for her. After going over the analysis I had compiled for a few accounts on her team she gave me three other accounts to do some analysis for. I was glad to hear from an actual account owner that they felt that the anlysis would be very useful for them, and glad that I was given the oppurtunity to continue on with the analysis.



After meeting with Donna and getting a start on the LTL analysis for the three accounts she gave me, I met with Chris Milano who is a Business leader and has worked for J&J for 7 years. Chris is a younger guy who I felt I was easy to talk to and was able to share some insight on graduate school which was nice. Chris is currently attending Rutgers persuing his MBA while working and I was able to ask him some questions I had about persuing an MBA which was great. Aside form that our meeting was a good oppurtunity to just introduce myself to Chris and let him know what I have been working on in the time I have been with J&J. Chris also let me know that he was part of the recruiting team within CORE and was abke to answer some questions pertaining to the possibility of continuing to work for J&J on a summer internship, which if given the oppurtunity I would love to do. At the end of the day we had our weekly OTD Task Force meeting. I found out that both Diane Zundel and Andy Thomas would like me to give a presentation my LTL analysis at the next task Force meeting on 2/27 and as usual we reviewed our OTD performance YTD and for the previous week.


Thursday, we had our Team M performance reviews where as an entire team we discussed the performance and problematic areas for all of the accounts we handle. I was asked to go over the weekly and YTD OTD performance for 2008 for all of our accounts and Cheonette and I both answered questions from our team members in regards to the OTD task force and top offenders report that I send out.


Friday, the Skillman campus was closed due to bad weather and I worked from home. Luckily everyone at J&J has a laptop that they are required to take home with them every day for reasons exactly like this, whether its a snow day or your car is broken down and you can't get into work, we have access to the J&J network remotely and for the most part can do everything we do in the office at home. I was able to work on my LTL Analysis presentation for next week, my Mid-cop presentation that isn't until 3/27 but we have practice sessions starting on 3/7 , and my resume building presentation for our 3/12 co-op round table meeting. Aside from that I updated the Sam's Club OTD tracker and stayed on top of my email throughout the day. It was nice to see that I could keep myself busy for the entire day, and get my work done from home, and it made me realize how important a business continuity plan like J&J's is to a big corporation.

No comments: