Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Week 5 (2/11/08 - 2/15/08)

As the weeks go by I have started to take on more responsibilities at work and on top of that I have had more homework and studying to do for my two classes. So to say the least, I have been very busy and that is why I have fallen a little behind on updating my blog.

Anyways, on Monday we had our monthly Sam's Club Matrix meeting. This meeting happens the second Monday of every month and is designed to discuss any problems we have been having with Sam's Club and discuss our weekly and YTD performance.

After our Sam's Matrix meeting I had a one on one meeting with Jacky Boxman. Jacky is a Business Leader in CORE and has worked for J&J for 8 years. She was able to answer all of my questions about J&J's Process Excellence training. She explained the different parts of the training process, and the different levels of certification and the steps required to become certified. As it turned out Jacky was also very knowledgeable on a program call Diamond that I have been using very frequently to compile my weekly OTD reports and in doing my LTL analysis. She was able to answer some of my questions about the program and offer some helpful tips which was great.

In between meetings I worked on the two OTD reports I have been sending out for a few weeks along with compiling the first week of the OTD top offenders report. However, due to technical difficulties I didn't complete the top offenders report on Monday.

On Tuesday I worked on completing the top offenders report so I could send it to Diane for her to review/revise prior to distributing it to the task force. After sending the Top Offenders report to Diane I Met with Cheonette who is a member of my team and acts as a CLS for our BJ's club account, and is also a member of the OTD task force. We discussed the OTD top offenders report and the OTD task force as a whole and we also discussed her progress on a BJ's file match.

On Wednesday we had a delayed opening for the first time and I was the only one in my area who came into work. Everyone else was either sick or worked from home because of the inclemet weather. I worked on completing my "Get to Know You" presentation for our co-op roundtable meeting which was Friday. This presentation was designed to not only get to know eachother as co-ops but to practice our presentation skills.

On Thursday I met with Gabe again to further review the LTL analysis that I had put together and mainly to call Donna who is a member of his team to walk her through my analysis and explain it to her. After explaining my analysis spreadsheet to Donna over the phone and answering questions for her we decided that she would take a closer look at my data and do some investigating and then get back to us.

Later in the day I had a very important one on one meeting scheduled with the Director of the Sales and Logitics company Sid Kirkpatrick. Although i had been introduced to him during my 2nd week of training this was my first oppurtunity to really sit down and talk with him. I let him know what I have been working on and asked him for any adivce or suggestions he had to offer me. I expressed my interest in learning more about different parts of the supply chain that I will not have direct exposure to in my day to day work and he said he would try and get me on a meeting list for the Phase 3 SAP implementation for J&J's distribution centers which would give me some visibility on the upstream of the supply chain. All and all I felt that the meeting went very well.

On Friday I and the other new hires that I went through training with had training in North Brunswick at the GTO (Global Transportation Organization). This training was designed to introduce us to the people we will eventually be calling and emailing regularly in regards to our cutomers shipments, and learn more about their organization. The training lasted a majority of the day but afterwards I had to come back to Skillman for my co-op roundtable meeting that I had to present my "Get to Know You" presentation.

I got back and we all went through our presentations. I feel that I did a great job making the power point for my presentation but I still have plenty of room for improvement when it comes to the public speaking part of presenting. however I am confident that with more practice over the 6 months I am here at J&J I will drastically improve my presentation skills.

Until next time....

No comments: